- Blueridge* (see note below)
Construction begins with the removal of existing trees. This will begin on Dawson, as early as today. It will then move to Parker. DOT will then assess the route for the remainder of the streets involved.
Some additional details:
- Sidewalks will be five feet (5') wide in accordance with federal requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Sidewalks will abut the curb and not include the grassy area separating the two (this will require the installation of new right-angle curbs, replacing the sloping curbs likely currently in place)
- Retaining walls will be installed where needed as part of the project
- Driveway aprons will be replaced for those with driveways
- New trees will be planted, replacing those removed (The County's tree program is also available and open to anyone who would like a tree as well!)
Dependent on the weather, the project is slated to be completed by June.
*Blueridge - While the County continues to investigate the sinkhole issues on the 3000 block of Blueridge, it will likely be the last block to have the sidewalks installed.
Driveways and other work - While it is not part of the County program to install sidewalks, residents can, individually, discuss additional work with the County's contractors while they are onsite in the neighborhood. The contractors typically offer substantial discounts on things like installing new driveways, repaving driveways, replacing driveway aprons, new retaining walls, etc.