- Dawson Ave.
- Collins Ave.
- Blueridge Ave.
- Byron St.
- Galt Ave.
- Elnora St.
- Grandview Ave.
- Wheaton Hill Dr.
- Fenimore Rd.
- Finley St.
In our ongoing effort to provide safe and reliable natural gas service, Washington Gas will begin construction to replace gas main and service lines. The selection of mains and services to be replaced is based on a number of criteria including age of pipe, leak history, type of material as well as other factors.
What Residents & Business Owners Should Expect:
- Washington Gas will provide a letter/communications throughout the project to customers directly impacted by construction efforts.
- Crews will install a new plastic gas main. Service crews will then start the replacement of existing services.
- Prior to the actual start of the service replacement, customers will be contacted by a technician to schedule the date of their service replacement.
- Every effort will be made to minimize disruption to homeowners’ properties.
- Gas will be off during the service replacement, but no longer than one day and we will work with the businesses to allow them to continue to operate.
- Please note that the time needed to complete the construction taking place in front of individual properties will vary but, in general, will not be longer than a few days, depending on conditions.
- Relighting of gas appliances will be performed after the service replacement is completed. Customers must allow the service crews access to all gas appliances to ensure a safe restoration of gas service.
- Our crews will make temporary repairs to any excavations in the roadway and sidewalk. Permanent paving repairs will follow as quickly as possible, after all work has been completed, to as closely to as-found condition as is possible.