They provided a number of great updates, which you can find in the attached PDF of the slides presented at the meeting. Included are:
- Updates to Wheaton area parks, including Wheaton-Claridge (Hey, don't forget, we have a great Reopening Celebration planned for Saturday, April 14 from 11AM to 1PM. Bring a dish!), Wheaton Regional, and the new Glenmont Pavilion Park (next to the new fire station at Georgia Ave and Randolph Road)
- An overview of Master Plans: what are they, what's the process
- Local Master Plans covering the Wheaton Central Business District (CBD) and Vicinity Sector Plan
- Wheaton Redevelopment/Revitalization and the New Library/Rec Center
- The Viers Mill Corridor Master Plan
- The Bicycle Master Plan (NOTE: the proposed plan includes a "shared road" recommendation for Grandview Avenue through Wheaton Hills)
We're committed to bringing in County and State guests to discuss what they do and how we, as a community, can influence their work to support making Wheaton Hills, and the broader Wheaton area and Montgomery County, an even better place to call home. If you have ideas or suggestions for future guests, please email WHCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.